If your family is anything like my family, you probably grew up eating tacos forat least once a week. I was raised with three siblings, so tacos were a cheap and easy way to fill us all up. Nowadays, I feed my family tacos fairly often, only I try out some new and creative ways to serve them. Here are 10 UNFORGETTABLE TACO RECIPES to feed your family (and they’d be great for Cinco de Mayo too!)
1. RESTAURANT- STYLE CARNE ASADA SOFT TACOS w/ GUACAMOLE & CORN : In this recipe, steak is marinated for an hour, grilled for a few minutes and presto, restaurant style carne asada tacos are ready!
2. SHRIMP TACOS w/ AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI SAUCE These are sauteed tucked into a with a chimichurri-like sauce (a blend of cilantro, green Tabasco, , spices, a tiny bit of honey and avocado).
3. SPICY FISH TACOS : A spicy tilapia-based taco, simply dressed.
4. SLOW COOKED CARNITAS TACOS These shredded pork tacos are perfect for busy days- 10 hours in the slow cooker, and the pork is tender and shreds easily.
5. CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP TACOS w/ CHIPOTLE CREAM The shrimp is marinated in tequila, etc, then sauteed and served fajita-style in a warmed flour tortilla, topped with lettuce and cilantro and finished off with a spiced-up sour cream sauce.
6. SALAD TACOS They’re pretty much the same as regular tacos; the only difference is the order in which you build the ingredients, as well as a little drizzle of a yummy spicy dressing on top.
7. CRISPY QUINOA- SWEET POTATO TACOS This recipe makes for a quick, healthful and satisfying vegetarian taco!
8. SMOKY CHICKEN TACOS w/ BACON : Chicken tacos are made 100% better with the addition of bacon!
9. BEER BATTERED FISH TACOS w/ MARGARITA- MANGO SALSA This recipe is totally and completely a restaurant-worthy taco.
10. ROASTED VEGETABLE & BLACK BEAN TACOS : The roasted vegetables lend a slightly sweet flavor to these vegetarian tacos.